👋, here's what we released today:
Customize channels topics
You can now add text before/after the TurnShift topic status. This is useful when you're using the channel topics to point to various resources like a Support handbook for employees.
Go to schedules > settings > notifications 👇
And here's the resulting topic:
Channel topics & multiple shifts
We now support multiple shifts linked to the same channel when updating the topic. We merge their status into a single concise channel topic. Here's how it looks:
Tip: Be sure to set the same channel topic for all shifts linked to the same channel.
New notifications panel and settings
Since Slack notifications are more and more customizable, we created a dedicated tab for them and took the opportunity to put all schedules settings in the same place.
There are also new granular notifications settings:
- enable/disable sending a direct message when a shift start (default to true)
- enable/disable sending a direct message to people when someone else assigns them a shift or cancels one of their shift (default to true)
- enable/disable sending a direct message when people have shifts for the next day (default to true)
- enable/disable sending a direct message to people with their next week shifts (default to true)
We also took the opportunity to better explain when are those notifications sent.
- We now update channel topics if you book/unbook a shift for the current day. So the topic is always up-to-date.
- We fixed a bug around the detection of shift's running statuses when the shift timezone was already in the next day.
- We fixed a bug where deprecated time zone names (coming from Slack) were not taken into account. We use https://github.com/vvo/tzdb and this was fixed here now.
- We fixed a bug around detecting the number of shifts to book per schedule when you're a member of multiple schedules