The Scholarship Application Deadline is approaching! It will close on April 30th at 11:59 PM CST.
Scholarship Application Deadline
Regional Representative Applications
Regional Representative applications are now OPEN! Learn more and apply today at https://www.texaspublicserviceassociation.org/open-positions/regional-representative !
Applications close Jun 1st, 11:59 PM CST.
The Scholarship Application will go live for submissions on March 23rd, 2020 at Noon CST. Only the first 25 submissions will be considered.
High School Seniors ONLY
- 2 Letters of Recommendation (Not from your CJ teachers)
- Short Answer Essay Responses
- Long Answer Essay Response
Long Answer Prompt
Should marijuana be legalized at the Federal level?
Before writing, make sure you understand what an argumentative essay is, and the requirements that are to be met to qualify as one.
- Between 600 and 750 words (strict limit)
- 12 pt font
- Times New Roman
- Double spaced
- Micorsoft Word Document (.docx)
Short Answer Prompts
These responses are limited to 4,000 characters.
- Why are you pursuing a higher education?
- What steps have you taken to prepare yourself for your chosen career path?
- List honors you have received?
- What Clubs and/or Organizations have you participated in throughout High School?
- Why do you deserve this scholarship?
- What impact if any has TPSA has had on you?
Zero Balance Invoice Requirement
It is mandatory that each chapter present a paper copy of their competition registration invoice showing a zero balance/ fully paid. This document should have been mailed to the primary advisor for each chapter by the TPSA Treasurer. If you are unable to locate the document please email firstname.lastname@example.org . Schools who fail to provide this document at check in will not be permitted to compete.
The liability release form (medical release form) is now available online at https://www.texaspublicserviceassociation.org/guiding-documents/liability
Please ensure that a form is submitted for each competitor at regional competition check in. Competitors who fail to submit a form will be prohibited from competing.
EVENT UPDATE: Job Interview
The application document for the job interview competitive event has been posted, you can find it under the event's guidelines!
It is not to late to register your volunteers for regional competition and avoid the surcharge. Volunteer Surcharge Breakdown (Published as part of the 2020 updates >3 months ago):
- Chapter Surcharge: Each chapter will be required to bring the required number (based on chapter membership) of volunteers (non-competitors/adults) to each level of competition. Failure to register the required number of volunteers will result in a surcharge being applied to the chapters invoice. The volunteer scale is as follows. Volunteers will be assigned a position based on need and qualifications. All competition fees must be paid in full prior to competition.
*If you chose to register all of your advisors as volunteers, it is expected that each advisor will serve their volunteer role as assigned. If all advisors are assigned the same shift your students may be left without an advisor for direct supervision for periods of time. Please verify that your school district would approve of this prior to submitting your final registration. Volunteer shifts will not be changed to accommodate for this.
911 Call Taking Sample Scenario Added
You can now view a sample scenario from last years competition for 911 call taking on our website!
It has been brought to the attention of the TPSA Treasurer that several membership payments have been "returned to sender" due to addressing issues. The address issue has been resolved. If you received a returned check/P.O. please send a picture of the returned envelope and payment to email@example.com. Once reviewed the financial block will be removed from your account and your chapter will be permitted to register for Regional Competition. The new competition registration deadline for chapters who received a returned payment and follow the above-detailed procedures is Friday 12/13/2019 at 5:00 CST. Resend payment to the following address.
13165 W Lake Houston Pkwy
Houston, TX 77044
You must use the exact address to ensure payments are received.
Financial Block (Unable to register)
If your account currently has a financial block, the payment has been sent, and you have not received a returned payment, please complete the following steps to have your financial block removed.
- Contact your financial services department and obtain a letter including the following information:
-Postmarked date of payment
-Finance department contact information
- Email letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by Tuesday 12/10/19 at 5:00 pm CST.
- Once reviewed the financial block will be removed from your account and your chapter will be permitted to register for Regional Competition. The new competition registration deadline for your chapter will be Friday 12/13/2019 at 5:00 CST.
Questions, comments, or concerns should be addressed by emailing email@example.com
TPSA Executive Board