Sizzy 0.3 is here, and we're super excited about this release! 🤩
Here's what's new:
🕵️♀️ Universal inspect element
Now you can easily inspect elements across all of the open devices at once.
Just toggle the "Inspect Element" mode from the sidebar, or press
Ctrl + Shift + C or
⌘ + Shift + C to turn it on, select your element, and it'll be opened in the device's dev tools. Nifty, huh? 🤩
Note: Docking the dev tools is high on our priority list, but we're currently blocked because of a bug in Electron 😞 Hopefully it will be resolved soon!
👆 Emulate touch
Using a mouse cursor on a mobile device is not as natural as using touch. Just click inside a device that supports touch and the cursor will change to a touch cursor. You can still use the scroll wheel to scroll even when the touch cursor is enabled.
In order to exit the touch cursor mode just click away from the device or press
Note: you can also completely disable this option in Settings -> Device.
Tap, scroll and swipe to your heart's content 🤘
🖱 Right-click menu
Now you can right-click inside of any device and you'll see the following options:
- Inspect - for easily inspecting an element
- Copy - for copying selected text
- Paste - for pasting text in an input or a textarea
- Copy Link - for copying the address of a link
- Copy Image Address - for copying the address of an image
💻 More configuration options for each device
- Specify if a device can be rotated
- Specify input type (Touch / Mouse)
- Choose a mobile OS (Android / iOS)
- Choose a device type (Phone, Tablet, Laptop, Desktop)
Note: You would have to edit each custom device that you made and specify all of these options because previously they weren't available.
🌍 Toggle network connection
- Toggle network connection for all devices from the sidebar.
- Toggle network connection for each individual device from the device's header.
📦 Manage cache & cookies
We added some useful options for managing the cache and cookies of the website you're working on. In the sidebar you can find the following buttons:
- Button to clear cache
- Button to clear cookies
- Button to completely disable cache while working with Sizzy
🛠 Configurable device header
Now you can configure the icons that appear in the header of each device by changing the setting in
Settings -> Device.
- Minimal: Don't show any icons
- Balanced: Show the 3 most important icons
- Full: Show a full row of icons
Note: soon the device header will be completely customizable so you can choose your own icons.
🔁 Reload & Hard Reload devices
Ctrl + R/
⌘ + Rto reload all devices.
Ctrl + Shift + R/
⌘ + Rto do a hard reload (clear cache and reload all devices).
Shiftwhile clicking on the refresh button to do a hard reload (this also works with the reload button of each device).
🔍 New zoom options in the sidebar
- Quickly jump to a specific zoom setting (25%, 50%, 75%, 100%)
-buttons for increasing/decreasing zoom
📱 New devices
- Google Pixel 2
- iMac Retina 27"
- MacBook Air
- MacBook Pro 15"
- iPhone 5
- iPad Pro 10.5"
- iPad Pro 11"
- iPad Pro 12"
- Laptop S
- Laptop M
⌨️ New keyboard shortcuts
⌘ + Shift + C/
Ctrl + Shift + Cto inspect element
⌘ + Option + I/
Ctrl + Shift + Ito open dev tools for a device (device must be focused)
👌 Other changes and improvements
- Improved look for sidebar and dialogs
ESCto dismiss any toast or notification
- Separate buttons for rotating devices in portrait and landscape
- Devices that are default in Sizzy cannot be deleted or edited anymore. If you want a custom version of a default device, just clone it first. You can always hide default devices.
- Bug fixes and stability improvements
If you cannot update to this version please use the download link that was sent to you in the initial email and download the version manually.
If you have any issue don't hesitate to contact us directly and we'll fix it as soon as possible.
If you want to suggest a new feature or vote on existing features for the next update you can do that in the public roadmap.