We've just rolled a new update to your dashboard and the placement of the nav bar for your published booklets on a desktop. these updates should make the dashboard more accessible and bring consistency to the navigation experience across all devices.
We've cleaned up and streamlined the display of the dashboard on simplebooklet. We did this for two reasons: 1, to improve the focus and user interface and make it easier to make and manage your booklets, and, 2, to prepare for our major update we are planning to release this quarter.
The dashboard has a much bigger upload tool, with a clearer display of the file types you can upload.
The display of all simplebooklets you have already created are also cleaned up and placed down the left column of your dashboard. You can search your booklets if you have quite a few.
You can go immediately to the sharing tools of your booklet from the PROMOTE button. This gives you access to all of the sharing and promotion tools for your booklet, as well as editing the URL of your booklet.
The EDIT button takes you to the presentation of your booklet. You can then select the CONTENT editor or add new ACTION buttons and links to your booklet from this tab.
Along the right side of the dashboard, you can access your account, access the booklet galleries you've created, and set your custom domain.
New Navigation Bar For Desktop Booklets
We've updated the navbar used to navigate your booklets for desktop users. We've moved it from the top of the screen to the bottom. This is to maintain consistency with your mobile and tablet views of your booklet. It's also a best practice when displaying content horizontally instead of scrolling vertically. It should allow for your content to be even more in focus for your readers.
The nav bar now extends across the entire bottom of the screen. It is also opaque to allow the background color to come through yet not interfere with the visibility of the buttons.
Other bug fixes and UI improvements
- When switching between content, actions, and presentation, you will now stay on the same page of your booklet (no longer goes back to the first page).
- We upgraded our text editor to support copy and paste from Word better, as well as adding the underline and italics format.
- We've added the download button to the mobile nav bar so your mobile readers can download your booklet as a PDF to their phone and tablet.
- We updated the page flip tool to be a little easier to use.
- We made the color palette more consistent across the application.
- We improved our WIX plugin tool to make it quicker and be better integrated with the simplebooklet app itself.
- We cleaned up the Contact Card toolset.
- We made it possible to log into your account on your mobile device and open your booklets from your dashboard straight from your phone.
- All buttons and icons have been turned into svg icons from font-family icons. This improves the clarity and sharpness on all devices and when scaled inside the booklet.
- WIX users who upgrade through WIX will now see their upgrade status as PREMIUM WIX to conform to the naming on WIX plugins. This is equivalent to a BASIC account on simplebooklet.
- Improved the instructions and workflow for setting up your custom domain.
All of these updates will help us prepare you for our next release, containing improvements in conversion, more page flip options, a complete overhaul of the content creation engine, and improved emailing capabilities as well as call to action buttons.
As always, your feedback is very important to us. Email us anytime at firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll respond as quick as possible.