It's really big. We're giving you some amazing new tools to customize the presentation of your simplebooklet, improving workflow so its faster and simpler to make a simplebooklet, and improving a number of promotion tools. First, the big one.
So, what is a microsite layout for your simplebooklet?
First impressions matter. Think of the microsite as the stage your booklet is displayed on. It's what makes the first impression before customers even start to read your content.
But sometimes its easier to see it to understand it. Here are three examples of the exact same booklet using five different microsite layouts.
- Modern Presentation
- Minimalist Presentation
- Icon Only Presentation
- Embedded Presentation
- Mobile Presentation
You can now customize the whole presentation of your booklet at its URL. This is all done from the new DESIGN tab.
You can do the following:
- Add custom backgrounds or choose one of our hand picked backgrounds.
- Choose where the nav buttons that support your booklet are located (along the top or bottom, icon buttons or text).
- Choose which buttons appear with a simple toggle on or off switch.
- Customize each button's content that appears in the popout modal when tapped.
- Customize the page turn button that flips pages in your booklet (choose size, position, arrow type, color, and shape).
- Choose the page animation when a user transitions from one page to the next.
- Choose the size the page default opens when a customer opens your URL.
- Add or remove a page shadow (helps to integrate a booklet page into the website background).
We've also improved the presentation control you have over the embed version of your booklet. You can:
- Turn on or off the supporting nav buttons.
- Choose to display those buttons either on the top, bottom, or in both top and bottom navbars.
- Add page turn buttons that float on the sides of the booklet in embed.
Configurable Embed Code
You can now configure how your navigation buttons and layout work with the embedded version of your simplebooklet. You'll be able to choose where your nav bar appears, which buttons appear on it, and if your booklet has page turn buttons. All of this in a more updated, modern toolset and look.
Improved PDF Conversion
We've improved the conversion process for your PDFs to use our advanced link enabler in existing PDFs (this is a beta feature and doesn't work for all PDFs).
We've reduced the number of steps involved in authoring your booklet. Anything that involves content inside your pages is edited from the EDIT tab. Anything to do with how your booklet is presented is configured from the DESIGN tab.
Get a glimpse of what it looks like in the PREVIEW tab, then start distributing your booklet through all the channels available in the PROMOTE tab.
Improved User Interface
We've cleaned up and improved a number of the tools and the buttons that activate these tools. Hopefully they are more intuitive and consistent across the app as you use the various customization features.
New, Simpler Pricing
We've improved the subscription plans we have for simplebooklet. You can now choose between two plans. With either plan, you can purchase additional booklets to add to your account. Only purchase as many more booklets as you need. Each plan contains features specifically requested by users, so you don't have to pay for features you don't use, and you can get the features you really want at a well priced value.
We're excited to see what our users create and promote with their simplebooklet account.