We have been hard at work the last couple of months improving our MLS data syncing, and wanted to share with you the results.
- We have improved how we internally map data from MLS's into our system, making it easier for us to normalize data into our streamlined search structure. This improves cross-mls searches and allows us to fix bugs faster. We have handled 73 mapper updates in the last 3 weeks, a new record!
- Bathrooms mapper is updated so that now full + half = total in all cases (some MLS's did weird things)
- HOA fees and taxes are normalized to the same period (monthly/yearly) so that they make more sense.
- Property Type mapping has gotten a major overhaul and should be more consistent.
- Single-story normalization is vastly improved.
- Foreclosure / Short Sale / New Construction normalization is vastly improved.
- We have improved our data syncing with MLSGRID and Trestle, and done a major upgrade to one of our databases. Together, these significantly reduce our data loading time and our system is able to stay more up-to-date with the MLS.
- We have cleaned up our image importing and it is much more stable and loads faster on the property search as well now that we are using our CDN for all MLS's.
- Fixed a bug in using WebP which could cause some images to not work on Safari if they were first viewed on Chrome (and thus a WebP image cached which Safari doesn't support).
- MLSGRID images (MRED, Realtracs, Canopy) are updated more reliably, though there are still more improvements we want to make there.
- Misc other small fixes
- Search restrictions now work on Rental searches as well
- Various small UI fixes about how listing data displays and is formatted
All together, this represents a huge leap forward in the performance, stability, and reliability of our mls data stores and sets us up for much better success going forward.