After the iPad, Rippple is now also available on any Mac running macOS Big Sur!
Rippple for macOS Big Sur
This update improves TV show navigation
- You can now see a full TV show overview with each season and episode
- With a clear indication of what is watched or not, released or not, and what is your next-to-watch episode
- You can also quickly jump to a specific season
- When you look at a specific episode, you'll now have a quick way to choose another one
- Including the previous and the next one
In this version, we added support for Recommendations and Collection.
You can now mark a whole season or show as watched.
We also added keyboard shortcuts for things like search, composing and navigation.
A show, episode or movie details now display some stats like the number of plays, watchers and times added in lists.
Plus a lot of small bug fixes and UI improvements.
This new version of Rippple is fully optimized to run on your iPad.
This new version also fully supports iOS 14.
- New 3-column layout on the iPad with a fancy sidebar
- Support for iPad multitasking states (splits)
- Support for pointer and trackpad
- New UI to see the current check-in on iPad in your profile (also available on the iPhone)
- Handle Universal purchase (meaning you share only one purchase for iPhone and iPad)
- Improved layout of some screens for bigger screens (login, search,…)
- Your own comment (if you commented something) is now pinned on top each comment list
- You can now reverse all sort options in the movie and episode to-watch (tap the sort option again to reverse it)
- Updated the spoiler tool icon in the composer’s toolbar
- You can now start a quick search with a second tap on the search or with a double-tap
- Use of the new quick menu for filtering, sorting and overall quicker actions
- You can now start a comment on your iPhone then finish it on your iPad seamlessly
- We now prompt you to edit a previous comment or make a new one if a comment already exists for a movie, episode or show
- You can now see your replies under your any profile including yours
- Better handling of user session that closed
- Fix a bug preventing to add/remove seasons and episodes to/from lists
- Fix a crash that happened when the detail page of a movie, show or episode was refreshed
- A lot of tweaks (UI and bugs) to support iOS 14 and the iPad
This update brings a lot of small things for everyone and for our premium users. Here's the break down:
Movies and Episodes Activities
Get a list of your watch activity for each movie and episode. Yes, multiple watch is supported! And yes, you can remove each watch activity, one-by-one.
Get more information about each episode of a TV show. When it first aired, when you watched it, the comments, the episode's cast and a short summary.
When you open a movie, episode or TV show detail, you'll now get a peek at the most liked comments.
For Premium Users…
Search Quick Action
The Search Home Screen Quick Action gives you a fast way to start a search right from your home screen.
You can now hide and unhide a show from your Watch Progress (synced with trakt). Then you can configure your Episodes To-Watch to filter out the episodes from shows you've hidden.
Group Episode Notifications
Episodes from the same show airing at the same time will now be grouped to avoid flooding your Notification Center. This can be configured in the app's Notifications Settings.
DVD & Blu-ray Movie Notification
Next to the first theatre release of a movie, you can now get a notification when the movie is out on DVD & Blu-ray. You can opt-out of this one (like every other type of notification) in the app's Notifications Settings.
First, more notifications for Premium users!
Get a handy notification when an episode or a movie in your to watch or in your watchlist is released. Control the notifications you get thanks to the new powerful Notification Settings. Run a self-diagnostic of the notification system if you feel like notifications are not working properly. All of the above will be improved over time: we'll add more types of notifications, you'll always be in control, and the sanity check will cover even more!
Then, the gimmick!
You can now choose between 3 versions of Rippple's icon: the Original, the Dark, and the Inverted one. Choose the one that suits you and enjoy it on your home screen and in each and every notifications.
And finally, the bug fixes!
Every developer tries to keep the number of crashes as low as possible, right? But we always have this little annoying bug popping up once every 1000 sessions or so. This one has been there for a long time but we finally crushed it! So no more crashes when loading a list of comments, no matter how it's opened.
The "To Watch" has been rebuilt from scratch to be faster and more powerful for both movies and tv shows.
We also added some things to the settings page we're bringing a lot of small UI improvements and bug fixes.
A bit more about this big "To Watch" makeover
We improved the loading time and we introduced a new loading indicator to show you when your "to watch" is being refreshed. Overall, the feeling of refreshing your "to watch" should be around 10 times better.
The movies you watched are now filtered out from your movies to watch (because it makes more sense, right?).
You could already build your "to watch" around one or more of your own custom lists… now you can do the same with lists you like.
And now, when your "to watch" is empty, you'll see a special "You did it" message instead of the empty monochrome masterpiece you could have seen before.
But wait… there's one more thing… your "to watch" will now be sorted automatically to show you the best things for you to watch first. If the automatic sorting doesn't suit you, choose another one and don't hesitate to ask for more if we missed some obvious sorting options.
So, start a free trial to test all of this or enjoy the faster and more powerful "To Watch" if you're already a Premium user.
List of new stuff you can do in the Settings:
- Review the app on the App Store (do it, doooo it… please… thanks)
- Check status.trakt.tv
- Report a bug if you find one (good luck… just kidding)
- Easily submit a feature request (if you're a Premium user)
And here's a list of some random things we did to improve the app further:
- Improved the way show/movies/comments are opened (deep-link, push,…)
- Added an error message when trying to delete a comment that can’t be deleted per Trakt.tv rules
- Added a button to dismiss the actions panel
- Added a button to dismiss the to watch settings panel
- Fixed some typos
- Improved copy of paywall (go read it, it's pretty good)
- Fixed UI glitches when the banner messages were displayed
- Fixed a bug making the confetti not showing
- Fixed a bug when the wrong section was selected when coming back from the profile
- Improved loading of list membership indicator in the list membership action panel
- Fixed a bug with checked-in movie/show info not completely displayed in the detail view
- Fixed color of a loading indicator in dark mode
You can now mark a single episode or movie as watched. You can choose to mark the content as watched "now", "when first released" or at a specific date and time. This is handy if you forgot to check-in (・・；)
We also introduce a Lifetime purchase in this version. You can upgrade from the settings (under your profile). You now have the choice between:
- a free but limited experience
- a monthly subscription with everything premium
- a yearly subscription with everything premium (with a free trial)
- a lifetime purchase with everything premium
- you can also combine one of the subscriptions with the lifetime purchase
- you can switch from monthly to yearly (manage subscription)
- you can cancel your subscription anytime (manage subscription, please check our terms)
Everyone is covered, right?
This update is about LISTS ＼(^o^)／
- All custom lists (yours and others') now show the creator, a preview of the list’s first 15 items, the number of likes, the number of total items in the list and if you like the list or not
- So, you can now Like a list simply by pressing a button? Yes!
- And then, you can find your liked list in the Lists section, just under your custom lists? Yes!
- But where are you going to find new lists to like? In the Search section! You can browse the currently Trending lists or the most Popular lists or you can type to search for a specific list
tl;dr: improved list design, find and like lists to keep an eye on them.
In this update we also
- Improved light mode readability
- And did a lot of small performance improvements and bug fixes
- We added a small 🎤 for you to see when a reply is from the initial comment poster #smallButUseful
Fixed a small 🐞 in the actor view that was breaking the UI #smallButAnoying
If you like Rippple, take 5️⃣ minutes to rate or even write a small review of the app #smallButAppreciated