- Fixed the issues with Windows installer.
- The macOS build is now code signed.
- The rpm build is now available again.
- Fixed the issue with custom unit creation.
- Added missing binaries for ARM64 architectures.
Warning: This update includes a refactored configuration storage, therefore updating to this version will purge your existing settings (including custom units, plugins, appearance preferences). Your license will NOT be deactivated.
- Completely refactored the configuration storage, in order to remove potential issues after version updates.
- New, more clear, reliable, and precise result formatting solution.
- Changed the appearance on macOS.
- Better MacBook Pro Touch Bar integration.
- Removed the "result background" option.
- Changed the default font size from 1rem to 1.125rem.
- The default editor font is now Menlo.
- Changed the default UI font to system stack.
- Improved performance of the settings page.
- Slightly reduced app size on some platforms.
- Changed the copy/insert into new line buttons in the results pane to a simple single and double-click solution (further customization may be available in the future).
- Added a skeleton loading animation to the main page.
- Improved navigation performance.
- Added shortcuts to allow for easier navigation and usage. The list of shortcuts is available in the bottom left corner of the main screen.
- Replaced the expressions/results panes splitter with a more performant alternative.
- The gray splitter now changes width on hover for easier panes resizing.
- Improved variables highlighting.
- Fixed issues with sum and avg operators.
- The about page now shows more details about the app.
- Added a gray label in the bottom left corner indicating the action of buttons, etc.
- Reduced installers size by using stronger compression algorithms.
- Updated internal dependencies.
- Slightly improved calculator performance.
Thank you for using Parsify Desktop!
- Fix: The configuration store wasn't always setting the correct default value.
Note: This is a big update and it includes a new auto-update mechanism, which currently only supports Windows (macOS and Linux will be supported soon). Because of that, it is recommended to install this update manually.
- Added the highly requested
averageoperators - check the docs for more information regarding the usage of these.
- Hover over the result and 2 icons will appear -
Copy to clipboardand
Paste into new line. This will likely be configurable in the next release.
- Redesigned settings, plugin manager, manage license, and about pages. The unit manager will get a redesign likely in the next release.
- Ability to change the font size.
- Changed the default window size.
- New auto-update mechanism (currently only works on Windows - macOS and Linux support coming soon).
- Improved syntax highlighting - you should now see much less issues.
- Fixed the precision and tab settings not working correctly in some situations.
- Better loading screens.
- Toast messages are now limited in terms of the amount - should improve performance.
- MacBook Pro Touch Bar support.
- Apple Silicon support (performance might vary).
- Temporarily dropped support for the
.rpmrelease (please use
- Slightly improved performance.
- Code refactor.
- Updated internal dependencies.
- Highlight variables (beta).
- Math plugin now honors the
DEBUG=truevariable in the plugin configuration setting. Add it in order to search for potential syntax issues.
- Add the ability to change how many spaces should be inserted when pressing the Tab key.
- Add the ability to refresh the parser context (available via the context menu).
- Remove the "Experimental math parser" option.
- Small code refactor.
- Update internal dependencies.
- Fix: Automatically reset the parser variables when creating a new file or moving to an existing one. This will prevent stale variables.
- You can now resize the expression and result panels easily using the border between them
- Fix: Make auto-updater use a public endpoint, instead of a private one.
Note: This release includes some major changes to how user preferences are being stored. Therefore auto-updating might not work correctly and manual installation is recommended.
- Add "Experimental math parser" option*
- Store user preferences, units, and plugins in a separate file.
- Fix: @parsify/timezone plugin does not display correct time.
- Fix: Result panel background color does not get saved.
* Enabling this option might significantly speed up certain mathematical calculations. It is a part of a long-term mission to improve the performance of Parsify Desktop. More information coming soon.
- Fix: some operations not working correctly with