- Fix: The configuration store wasn't always setting the correct default value.
Note: This is a big update and it includes a new auto-update mechanism, which currently only supports Windows (macOS and Linux will be supported soon). Because of that, it is recommended to install this update manually.
- Added the highly requested
averageoperators - check the docs for more information regarding the usage of these.
- Hover over the result and 2 icons will appear -
Copy to clipboardand
Paste into new line. This will likely be configurable in the next release.
- Redesigned settings, plugin manager, manage license, and about pages. The unit manager will get a redesign likely in the next release.
- Ability to change the font size.
- Changed the default window size.
- New auto-update mechanism (currently only works on Windows - macOS and Linux support coming soon).
- Improved syntax highlighting - you should now see much less issues.
- Fixed the precision and tab settings not working correctly in some situations.
- Better loading screens.
- Toast messages are now limited in terms of the amount - should improve performance.
- MacBook Pro Touch Bar support.
- Apple Silicon support (performance might vary).
- Temporarily dropped support for the
.rpmrelease (please use
- Slightly improved performance.
- Code refactor.
- Updated internal dependencies.
- Highlight variables (beta).
- Math plugin now honors the
DEBUG=truevariable in the plugin configuration setting. Add it in order to search for potential syntax issues.
- Add the ability to change how many spaces should be inserted when pressing the Tab key.
- Add the ability to refresh the parser context (available via the context menu).
- Remove the "Experimental math parser" option.
- Small code refactor.
- Update internal dependencies.
- Fix: Automatically reset the parser variables when creating a new file or moving to an existing one. This will prevent stale variables.
- You can now resize the expression and result panels easily using the border between them
- Fix: Make auto-updater use a public endpoint, instead of a private one.
Note: This release includes some major changes to how user preferences are being stored. Therefore auto-updating might not work correctly and manual installation is recommended.
- Add "Experimental math parser" option*
- Store user preferences, units, and plugins in a separate file.
- Fix: @parsify/timezone plugin does not display correct time.
- Fix: Result panel background color does not get saved.
* Enabling this option might significantly speed up certain mathematical calculations. It is a part of a long-term mission to improve the performance of Parsify Desktop. More information coming soon.
- Fix: some operations not working correctly with
previousoperators, so that users can reference previous results. Example:
13+5 //=> 18 prev + 2 //=> 20
Note: Auto-updater endpoint has changed in this release, so while auto-updating might work, I highly recommend doing a manual installation instead to avoid issues.
- Fix: storage migration issues
- Display opened file path in the title bar
- Add "New File" option to the menu
- Add an option to change background color of the result panel
- Automatically open the recently edited file on startup
- Change text selection color
- Fix: date format not working when auto-updated
- Fix: colon symbol breaks comments and headers