The Eagle server is in the process of being migrated to new hardware, to address sudden disk performance issues. As a customer on the Eagle server (you know if this is you), here are the things you should expect:
- The final event cannot be scheduled, doing so would mean a loss of data for customers (dynamic usage + rsync + network + iowait = not possible to calculate accurately, can only schedule if we accept data loss).
- The SSL certificate will briefly return invalid, causing errors in email clients. This will clear up in under 3 minutes.
- You may see emails that you have recently deleted appear again.
- You may see a few duplicated emails.
- You will absolutely see errors when this happens, in the range upwards of 5 minutes.
Note that many customers are seeing errors as a result of the performance issues, therefore the migration is expected to appear as little more than another brief moment of performance loss to the end user. Given that this is currently standard, inflicting it without a given schedule is something we consider tolerable given that it will be immediately followed by the end of the errors caused by performance issues.
We will alert again when complete.