1. minubo Suite
1.1 General Improvements
- PDF documents of dashboards and reports will now represent the entity exactly how the user views it instead of how the entity is viewed.
- Top Seller Report PDFs display many more images of products now.
1.2 New Reports tool released
- We have released our new reports tool that replaces all existing static reports of minubo with a configurable and powerful tool
- The new tool allows users to create their own reports or adjust pre-configured templates of common reports of the commerce sector.
- We have migrated all existing report schedules from the old static reports to similar reports based on our new tool
- The old reports will be removed from minubo until the end of March.
1.3 New ad-hoc analysis tool Queries released in alpha
- We have developed a new ad-hoc analysis tool. So far it goes by the simple name Queries. ;)
- Queries is the successor to our previous Webpivot tool.
- Queries comes with different templates for ad hoc analysis of time series, tables or looking up huge data sets.
- It is still very similar to the dashboard widgets at the moment in terms of its feature set. However, it is our goal to optimize the tool further to speed up the required time and clicks for analyzing data on the fly.
- Already, we have added direct links to the Queries tool. These links allow viewers to further dive into data analysis from any part of the minubo application:
- You can for example click on a dashboard widget or report and via one click the data query behind that widget is transferred to the queries tool to manipulate the query and to drill into further details.
- Within the Queries tool we will soon also add the option to download or export the data of the query ad-hoc.
1.4 Announcement: New Feeds tool, Alpha release in March
- Another core benefit of the new Queries tool is that it unifies the feature set of the previous WebPivot and Feeds tool.
- Not only will this reduce redundancy in our tool portfolio but most importantly this carries important features over to the new feeds:
- New feeds will support exporting with comparison period and plan data! Yes, you heard right. With the new feeds, you will no longer need to export large historical data sets to generate comparison period values in your Excel sheets. You can export the feed directly with the values of the comparison period and with your plan values.
- Furthermore, you will be able to protect feeds better by selecting the individual users and external contacts with access to the feed.
- Another important feature is that the feed creator can define the column names of the feed. By defining your own column names, data export is protected against any possible future name changes from our side and the columns can be made more identifiable for users that are not familiar with minubo terminology.
1.5 Announcement: New User Management tools, Alpha release in February
- We have developed the new version of our User Management. With the new User Management, important configuration around users, their permissions within minubo and handling of entities grows together into one place
- The new User Management allows user admins to create, deactivate and reactivate user.
- New: The user admin can renew invitations as well.
- Our new Data Access Roles, enable the user admin to configure the usage to attributes and measures for groups (roles) of users. For example, all users from the marketing team could be associated with a Data Access Role "Marketing":
- This role would grant access to all attributes and measures which are important to the work of a marketing team.
- All fields outside of the scope of work of a marketing team would not be allowed.
- Our new Feature Roles, enable the user admin to configure the usage of tools for groups of users. For example, the marketing team could be associated with a role "Marketing":
- The Marketing Role would allow to access all the dashboards and reports that analysts have created but not to edit them permanently.
- Another role, "Analyst" would have permission to editing dashboards and reports as well.
- With the new User Management, the admin can also define Functional Roles. Functional Roles associate a user with a function in their organization. Being assigned to a functional role means that certain attributes, measures and pre-defined default entities are more important to this group of users.
- For now, the functional role determines which measures are displayed on the start page of each user and on his or her weekly insights page.
- In the future, the functional role will help us select which fields and default entities will be offered to users.
2. Data Model
- The data model is being extended to incorporate Credit Notes as well.
- So far, credit notes were often imported by manipulating invoices or returns.
- However, this approach had undesirable side effects or even falsified key performance indicators.
- For example, an additional invoice with a negative value for a credit note would capture the monetary value correctly but inevitably increase the "Sales" by one.
- Instead, we are in the process of adding additional measures specific for credit notes to quantify their frequency, cause, and value.
3. Data Sources, Interfaces, and Data Transformation
- We added a basic interface to import data from ERP system Xentral
- We added a basic interface to import data from popular shop system Shopify
- We changed our ETL to allow for journeys with multiple conversions.
- Previously, one journey was connected to one conversion alone.
- Now, one journey may cause one or more conversions in case that a user transacts within one session multiple times.
- This change does not alter your total number of conversions, visits or journeys but only improves the allocation of conversions/ transactions to marketing sources.