- When Debugging is enabled, a log file will be generated next to the CSV report. This log file includes all the logging that would normally be in the Debug Log, but limited to the time period the task was running. If you are running into issues with a task, make sure to turn on Debugging, re-run the task and then attach both the CSV and the log file to a support ticket https://support.mediacloud.press/submit-issue/
- Fixed Sync Local, Verify Library and Regenerate Thumbnails to work with Imgix enabled.
reportcommand line command has been renamed to
- You can run the Verify Library task from the WordPress admin by going to Media Cloud -> Task Manager. In the
Available Tasks click on Verify Library. When it is done running, a report will be in your
- Added a Sync Local task that copies down media from cloud storage to your local server. You can run it from the WordPress admin by going to Media Cloud -> Task Manager. In the Available Tasks click on Sync Local.
- You can also run the Sync Local task from the command line via
wp mediacloud syncLocal report-filename.csv
- Fixed a bug with direct uploads where the cloud storage provider wasn't being saved in the cloud metadata. If you run the Verify Library task, Media Cloud will fix the issue with any existing direct uploads in your library.
- Added paging to the
verifycommand line commands, ex:
wp mediacloud verify verify.csv --limit=100 --page=1
- Fix for Regenerate Thumbnails command, it will first attempt to download the original image, if that can't be found then it will use the "scaled" image that WordPress 5.5 generates.
- Added a new command,
wp mediacloud report report-name.csvthat iterates through all of the items in your media library and reports on their cloud storage status.
- The Migrate To Cloud, Import From Cloud, Clean Uploads and Regenerate Thumbnails tasks now generate CSV reports when
they run so you can see more details about what they did. The reports are located in your
- You can toggle task reporting on or off in the Settings -> Batch Processing settings or through the
MCLOUD_TASKS_GENERATE_REPORTSenvironment variable. The default value is ON.
- The Migrate To Cloud task has a new toggle Generate Verification Report which causes the task to verify that the media migrated successfully. This will generate a report in the aforementioned reports directory.
migrateToCloudwp-cli command now accepts a
--verifyflag to force verification.
- Fix for compatibility with Amp plugin and any other plugin using symfony polyfills.
- Fix for edge case issue where the S3 library was closing a resource stream causing a fatal error.
- Added hooks
media-cloud/tools/added-toolsfor inserting other tools in other plugins into the media cloud menu.
- Fix for Mux database tables failing installation on constricted MySQL systems.
- Only check for Mux database tables if Mux is enabled.
- Fix for front end uploads with some form plugins.
This is a fairly substantial update in terms of the amount of refactoring and structural changes.
All composer dependencies, except for 1, have been removed. To improve compatibility with other WordPress plugins, the packages that Media Cloud have been using have been re-namespaced to avoid collisions. For example,
Guzzle\GuzzleHttp\Client is now
MediaCloud\Vendor\Guzzle\GuzzleHttp\Client. That means if you were installing this via composer and relied on any of those packages, you will either need to update your namespaces or include those packages in your project's composer yourself. The
composer.lbrary.json contains the packages in use. I wrote a tool to auto re-namespace, if that's of interest to you, that you can find here: https://github.com/Interfacelab/namespacer
These re-namespaced libraries are located in the /lib folder.
Additionally, the plugin's own namespace has been changed from
MediaCloud\Plugin\. So if you were using
ILAB\MediaCloud\Tools\ToolManager or something, you'll need to update those references.
- All third party libraries Media Cloud is using have been re-namespaced to avoid errors and issues with any other plugins using the same libraries.
- IMPORTANT: The old Backblaze driver is being deprecated, use the Backblaze S3 Compatible driver instead. The old one will be removed in the next version.
- Added Backblaze S3 Compatible cloud storage driver. If you are currently using Backblaze, you should migrate to this asap.
- If you are installing via composer and relied on any libraries that Media Cloud was using, you will need to install that package with composer yourself in your own project
- You can now install the premium version via composer. Log into https://users.freemius.com/ for instructions on how.
- Re-namespaced the plugin code. If you were using
ILAB\MediaCloud\anywhere, it's now 'MediaCloud\Plugin\'
- Fixed random "Rekognition requires Amazon S3 Cloud Storage" error notifications
- Fixed computer vision tags being applied to alt, caption and description
- Added ability to download video with mux player
- Video encoding no longer requires cloud storage to work
- Mux icon displays in media library when cloud storage is turned off
- Fix for Mux secure key generation
- Fix for Mux filmstrip generation failing
- Fixed Migrate to Mux task