In order to give our users access to better organized, higher quality, and more relevant icons, we launched and informed our contributors about a number of new practices that will help clean-up our content.
Our article on Content Care outlines the 5 new policies that we will begin rolling out:
• Removal Policy - Outlining when, how, and why content may be removed from our site
• Rest Mode - Hiding outdated and underperforming icons from the main search results
• Offensive Content - Stating what type of content is prohibited from our site
• Explicit Label - Marking mature content as explicit, allowing for a "safe search" option
• Logos & Trademarks - Defining our rules about logo and trademark use within icons, and removing those that infringe
In addition, the tags guidelines were drastically updated - holding contributors to a higher set of standards for properly tagging their sets.