- PDF Report with Annual data launched.
- Terminology change = "Book Value" is now called "Cost Basis" in all locations.
- For "Other" positions, enter valuations per unit or entire position.
- Closing transactions can now be entered with a price of zero.
PDF Report with Annual data launched
Portfolio UI (1.2.71)
- The "% of Holdings" column is immediately recalculated when the "Exclude" checkbox is selected/de-selected. Previously, the "% of Holdings" would not update until a market data update was received.
- The transaction listing modal (for an individual position) no longer attempts to retrieve all transactions for the position. Instead, it retrieves the 250 most recent transactions. Then, when scrolling to the bottom of the list, a button named "Load More Transactions" appears. Previously, if a position was composed of too many transactions, the modal would fail to load.
- When the "Transactions" screen first loads (as opposed to the "Holdings" view), we only query for the date range displayed. Previously, we were downloading all transactions since inception.
- The "Transactions" screen should now fail gracefully if the user enters an invalid date range (i.e. start date after end date).
- The "Transactions" screen now properly handles a query for a date range which contains no transactions.
- Inserting, editing, or removing transactions can cause the underlying transaction history to be recalculated. For example, if the shares of stock purchased is increased, subsequent dividend payment amounts will also increase, and profit and loss calculations for future periods are adjusted, and related cash transaction amounts are changed. Depending on the number of transactions associated with a position, this can take a substantial amount of time to process. Most often, cash transaction histories are the longest, since transactions for equities/funds/other positions generate cash transactions for a single cash position). Consequently, when a new/removed/edited transaction affects cash, the cash transaction history is rewritten offline. The transaction will complete normally and all balances will be correct; however, the sequencing of cash transactions happens asynchronously. This is signified by an icon icon next to the affected positions. New transactions cannot be entered until this lock is resolved.
- Popup close buttons (i.e. “X” buttons) have been replaced, [ESC] key re-enabled.
- The Transaction Page (which allows you to query transactions for the entire portfolio) now limits your query to a two year period. In practice, this prevents the user from choking the server/client with a request that will contain tens of thousands of transactions.
- Calculation of annual profit/loss for 2016 (i.e. two years ago) is improved.
- The column for 2016 was improperly showing losses in the color green.
- A quirk existed which caused a position to be valued using a previous day's price immediately after editing. This was most obvious after normal market hours, because any move in the market corrected the valuation.
- An error could occur while editing an INCOME transaction for an OTHER position. This has been fixed.
- To improve the result of printing in Profile we removed the Globe and Mail header, advertising and other page elements to make better use of space
Reorder Transaction Modal
- When viewing the Transactions popup/modal entries are displayed most-recent to oldest
- Previously the default view was oldest-to-newest
$ Values on Price Price Performance Tab
- On the default data filter "Price Performance" percentage figures are now also accompanied by actual dollar figures
Historical Total Return Calculations
- Historical Total Returns (2017, 2016) were flagged as incorrect for a percentage of users due an unexpected bug in our systems
- This fix was applied automatically and there is no action required on your part
Portfolio Custom Data Points and Average Cost Per Share
- Portfolio-related data points as Custom Filters options. These include: Qty, Mkt Val, Cost Basis, Unrealized Gain, Realized Gain, % Of Port, Avg Cost, Change, Today's Gain
- Average Cost Per Share added to My Shares data filter
Closing Mutual Fund Positions
- If you enter a transaction on the same day as a corporate action event the new transaction will occur after the corporate action. Doing so prevents potential error about positions being switched to from long-to-short or short-to-long.
- Added rounding of transaction quantities.
Show Closed Positions default
- "Show Closed Positions" is off as a default
Total Return Calculation
- Originally the year-to-date returns for 2018, 2017 and 2016 are using a methodology to carrying over unrealized capital gains rather than accruing.
- Returns now accrue.
- These calculations appear on the main summary page and in all Portfolio data filters (where applicable).
No published changelogs yet.
Surely Globe Investor Portfolio will start publishing changelogs very soon.
Check out our other public changelogs: Buffer, Mention, Respond by Buffer, JSFiddle, Olark, Droplr, Piwik Pro, Prott, Ustream, ViralSweep, StartupThreads, Userlike, Unixstickers, Survicate, Envoy, Gmelius, CodeTree