- There is a upgrade of the operating system that provides Prostation
- This update is scheduled for Saturday, December 19, 2020 at 9PM EST
- Downtime is estimated at 3h30.
🔌 Production Server Maintenance Window
Mutual Fund Charting
Holdings within Client Proposals and Lists create direct links to profile pages within Globe Investor.
- Example, the fund "GWL Aggress Por (Psg) 75/75" provides: https://www.theglobeandmail.com/investing/markets/funds/GWL3005.CF
Within the the "Full Chart" view, charting tools for Mutual Funds now differs from other forms of charting on Globe Investor in that values are “Total Return” and inclusive of compound dividends.
This presentation is otherwise called “Growth of $10,000” and is typical of how Mutual Fund performance is presented. It shows a fund’s performance based on how $10,000 invested in the funds would have grown over time with the dividends reinvested.
It begins at the fund’s inception, and provides a more accurate representation of performance than unit values. When generating a chart it is possible to overlay:
- Other Mutual Funds
- Pre-selected Total Return index values
- Fundata Prospectus Risk Indices (to measure mutual funds according to the level of risk assigned by the fund manager)
The following changes were launched on September 20, 2019:
- Reintroduction of the Portfolio Compare feature
- "Investment Proposals" are renamed to "Client Proposals"
- The Client Proposals screen is now the default view when opening the software. This is your list of clients and prospects
- "Watchlists" are now "Lists"
- "Research" is now "Markets" and directs to the main Markets page within Globe Investor
- If you are looking to conduct a stock or fund screen, click the "Advanced Search" link within a portfolio or list to launch the following modal:
It is now possible to compare two portfolios when generating a Client Report:
- In the "Client Proposals" list, click the PDF icon associated with your client under the "Client Report" column.
- This generates the following modal:
- Either choose an additional item from the dropdown (optional) or click the Generate Report (PDF) button.
Many Globe Advisor members have noted the "Portfolio Compare" function found in the legacy version of ProStation was an important part of their sales process and onboarding process.
Note: this function is not available on mobile devices (tablet, phone) but will be provided shortly.
Investor Profile Questionnaire (PDF)
The first step when setting up a Client Proposal within Prostation is completing The Client Questionnaire.
This questionnaire is completed on-screen and the results update dynamically. Many Advisors have asked for this in a PDF document. To download, click the following link:
While not mandatory, this step is important for determining your client's risk tolerance and subsequent Portfolio proposal. This questionnaire is to help you in assessing your client’s investor profile and is only part of the full “Know-Your-Client” process. This questionnaire is in line with the MFDA bulletin #0611-C published on July 21, 2014.
The questionnaire has 15 questions and is divided into 5 categories: Investment Time Horizon, Investment Knowledge and Investment Objectives with one question in each category, Risk Capacity with 6 questions and Risk Attitude with 5 questions.
Target Investments by Dollar ($)
When in the Customize Portfolio section previously ProStation only allowed advisors the ability to target asset allocation based on Percentage (%). Now it is possible to switch to Dollar ($).
- The page default is percentage. Choose the "$" button to work in dollars.
- In the Portfolio Diagnostic PDF (one-page) for the historical performance, the Initial amount will be based on the amount invest (% option) or the total amount of the holdings ($ options) depending of the option selected.
Portfolio Diagnostic Statement (PDF)
It is now possible within the new Globe Advisor ProStation tool to generate a one-page “Portfolio Diagnostic Statement” PDF.
This document is designed to help advisors inform existing clients updated on the status of overall performance of their holdings. It is not necessary to complete the Client Questionnaire (KYC) in order to generate.
This PDF document is offered in addition to the multi-page “Investment Proposal”. To generate:
- Click the “Investment Proposals” link
- Click the chart icon in the “Diagnostic” column
- The report will generate within your web browser
Note that in order to generate the PDF, ProStation requires portfolio must be balanced 100%.
This document is a replica of the document found in our legacy systems; updated with modern Globe and Mail brand standards. Features include:
- Annualized Returns
- Historic Returns against a Blended Benchmark
- Portfolio Breakdown (Sub Class, Region, Market Capitalization, Stock Sector)
Blended Benchmarks in Investment Proposals
The Investment Proposal PDF simulates the Historical Return of your proposed portfolio going back 10-years using the Initial value entered. Additionally, it plots portfolio performance against a relative Blended Benchmark:
- The Blended Benchmark is comprised of market indices representing each specific asset in the same proportion as the proposed portfolio.
- The Blended Benchmark is designed to provide insight in the periodic return behavior and the resulting end value of the proposed portfolio assets relative to the blended benchmark indicies over a specified period.
- If your client is equally diversified Canadian and US and equities, only using a Canadian index would not be a true measure of asset performance relative to all markets.
- Rather, you may want to use an average of the TSX Composite and S&P 500 Index combined.
See the following for more details on how a Blended Benchmark works with simulated portfolio valuation:
Generating Fund Reports
Generating a Mutual Funds product sheet is in Globe Investor. From within ProStation, to generate, click a fund name within ProStation to generate a profile page:
This generates a fund profile page on Globe Investor: https://www.theglobeandmail.com/investing/markets/funds/GWL3005.CF
Scroll to the middle of the page to locate buttons for both Basic and Premium Reports.
Use other Globe Investor utilities to search for Mutual Funds (in addition to ProStation Advanced Search):
https://www.theglobeandmail.com/investing/markets/funds/ https://www.theglobeandmail.com/investing/markets/funds/market-leaders/ https://www.theglobeandmail.com/investing/markets/funds/market-movers/ https://www.theglobeandmail.com/investing/markets/funds/screener/
ProStation Data Migration
To help you become accustomed to the updated ProStation both new and legacy versions of the tool will be supported for one week:
- New: https://prostation.theglobeandmail.com/App/prostation/
- Legacy: https://secure.globeadvisor.com/gi/db/wsga.workstation
Data Migration Schedule:
- On December 31 the new tool is pre-populated with Portfolios/Watchlists entered up-to November 20, 2018
- Any new or modified Portfolios/Watchlists from November 20 - December 31 in the old software will be migrated on January 7 at 2pm ET
- Any new or modified Portfolios/Watchlists in the old tool after December 31 at 2pm ET will not be migrated
After January 14 the legacy software is unsupported and will be available on a read-only basis.
Update January 15: the legacy ProStation tool now redirects to the new version of the software, all data migration is complete.
The successful migration of your data is very important to us. Following January 7, if you have any concerns regarding the migration of your data please complete the following form and a data analyst be available to assist: