ProStation is an advanced tool for generating all-in-one proposal documents for prospective and existing advisory clients. In order to create a proposal the advisor must follow a series of steps:
Step 1: Create a Model Portfolio
- Click "Model Portfolios" and "Create New"
- Use Quick and Advanced Search to select holdings. The Asset Mix will update automatically as you assign allocations
- Note: the total percentage of the portfolio must be 100% and the percentage of each asset should be bigger than zero.
- Once complete, click "Analyze Portfolio" to test (optional)
Step 2: Create a Client
- Click "Investment Proposals" and "Create New"
- ProStation will ask for a Client name and that you complete the 14-question Questionnaire.
Note for Legacy ProStation Accounts
Advisors with migrated Portfolio data from the legacy ProStation should click "Investment Proposals" to find a list of your migrated proposals Select a Portfolio by click an entry under "Client Name" You must complete a Questionnaire to associate with a legacy Portfolio.
Step 3: Customize Portfolio
- Once a Client Profile is assigned upon completion of the Questionnaire, click "Select a Model Portfolio" to pre-populate Portfolio holdings. (optional)
- Or you can create a completely new Portfolio at this point by selecting holdings.
- ProStation will automatically compare your selected Asset Mix against your Proposed Portfolio
- It is not necessary to match the recommended allocations in order to generate a Client Proposal at this point.
Step 4: Create a Client Proposal
- Click IPS report from the navigation (top-right)
- Complete "Prepared by" and "Prepared for" (including Spouse/Partner, Child, Business, Parent) (optional)
- Click "Create PDF"
- This will save a Client Proposal to your computer
- This view also provides an Archive of Generated Reports