In March, we introduced the Card Segments for creating custom filters in your pipelines. This time, we added those Cards segments as an option for setting Campaigns. For example, you can set automatic emails to be sent when you drag a card to a different stage as they progress along your Deal/Task/Ticket pipelines:
In this case, let's say a tour agency wants to send a quote for the tour package and some personalized content as an email to the lead associated with this deal card above. You can set up auto emails for each stage, but we'll create segments for the Quote Sent stage for this one. Let's create a parent segment with two subsegments for these different group types:
Step 1: Create Custom Card Properties
Here were are updating the custom card property on the right and then moving the card to the next stage. If you have any differentiating properties, please create those in advance by going to Settings -> Properties - > Deal/Task/Ticker Properties. Also, notice that the card already has a contact associated with it and make sure their email verification status is valid.
Step 2: Create Card Segments
Please go to Settings -> Segments -> and choose from the segment type on the left to create these segments.
The parent segment will have the base filters that will be used on all subsegments:
- The first filter makes sure that we are targeting only active cards and not archived ones.
- The second filter is for setting how many minutes later you want the email to be sent after you drag a card to this stage. We strongly suggest you set this 'timer' over 15 mins to give yourself a generous room for error. This is to avoid miscommunication with your customers if you accidentally change the stage of a card.
- The third filter is a custom card property in this instance. For example, different quotes are depending on where the tour is organized. Or, if you operate in multiple languages, you can add Language preference as a custom card property here.
Once you set up your 'base' parent segment, you can create subsegments where you point the stage name:
Step 3: Create an Auto Campaign Email
Once you create your segments, please select one stage segment in the Campaign target selection slide:
The number of customers found in the segment will likely be 0 when you're creating the Campaign. Not to worry, that means that nobody moved a card exactly 15 minutes ago to this stage.
On the next slide, please set the schedule as every minute:
Things to consider
- Make sure you choose the right time filter for the parent segment. If you don't set that timeframe, but your Campaign schedule is set as every minute, you might end up spamming your contacts every minute.
- Note that if you're not using erxes SaaS with your own AWS SES account, these auto emails will be sent to contacts with only valid email verification statuses on the erxes database. Please refer to this guide on how to verify your email addresses. If you connect your own AWS SES account, the restriction can be updated.