Checkly is growing! This means we are making some changes to how Checkly works and operates as a business. The following changes will be rolled out over the coming week.
1. Checks will now rotate through different regions. We used to fire all checks from different regions at the same time. This sounds great in theory: more datapoints! More = better, right?
It turns out it actually does not contribute to a dependable and stable monitoring platform.
- It creates “mini DDOS attacks” influencing the measured response time.
- It creates syncing headaches when doing “destructive” checks that create or delete data.
- It has a cost structure that prohibits easy and predictable pricing.
- It clogs up log files and messes with analytics tools.
From now on your checks will rotate through the configured locations.
Q: Doesn’t this impact the reliability of the checks?
A: No, as we double check from two different regions the moment a check fails for one region.
Q: Will I see less check results?
A: Yes, but the results are more accurate and easier to reason about.
2. We will offer a $7 developer plan. Solo developers and personal projects can start using Checkly for the price of $7 per month. You get 5 API checks and 1 browser check, a public dashboard and 10 SMS messages per month.
More advanced features are reserved for the bigger plans. All details will appear on the pricing page soon.
3. We are now incorporated in the Netherlands We’re switching from curry wurst to stroopwafels: Checkly is now incorporated as a brand under the company Pink Robots B.V. registered in the Netherlands (think C-Corp). Before that we were an “owner run” company in Germany.
Founder @ Checkly