Today we updated our app to handle our growing traffic. This worked great for the first 15 minutes, but soon performance deteriorated. This eventually brought down our site as we tried to pinpoint the issue. The culprit was our database which couldn't handle some of the changes we made. Things stabilized after we upgraded our database to better handle the new load.
We spent a good part of the day resolving a few different issues that cropped up. We fixed some of our users embedded Campsites, and then worked on a performance issue with loading links on a profiles with large sets of links.
We know how easy it is to break the trust of our users by the site being unavailable. We thank you for your patience with us. We think that even though this update was bumpy, it will improve our stability moving forward.
As always, please reach out with any concerns.
-- Jon and Josh, Co-founders