With accounts more than 100k contacts, the load time on that page was somewhat slow.
So a few months ago, we’ve started researching into solutions to solve this problem. And we decided to ditch MySQL in favor of MongoDB.
Because the team has no experience in MongoDB, and also because we process process lots of data — it took us quite some time to implement this.
Currently, this is already live in a small portion of users’ accounts. Once everything’s okay, we’ll release this upgrade to all users’ accounts.
If you have less than 100k contacts, you might not notice the load time improvements on the Contacts page though.