Magic Links, bug fixes, improved validation experience, 60 day plan

This week we moved into our new offices (yay) and we're very excited to be back at it. We rolled out an update to improve the login experience for onboarding users, by providing them with Slack-like magic links when coming to our site for the first time, this is an improvement of our previous system of tokenized urls, which would error out after 1 attempt (for security). This means people can check out our onboard experience and comeback to it from the same link without getting locked out, and needing a password reset

During the course of that upgrade we uncovered some new bugs in the login and invite system which we were able to fix, including improving the form validation experience.

It's part of our plan to improve error handling in general now that we are moving past the MVP phase of our product. Once we raised funding we crafted a 60 day timeline to improve the polish and stability of the site in general. These tasks include preparing to scale, adding a more fully featured monitoring system, as well as updating the userland UI, data handling improvements, adding several features, and making the site more responsive and app-like.

Onboarding, Stripe Connect, error corrections

With the new year approaching we've deployed two critical updates that push us forward as a company.

The first is our new onboarding flow. We've spent some time perfecting it across mobile and desktop platforms. While undoubtedly some changes will occur from here, it feels good to have a significant upgrade to our onboarding experience be live.

The second update is our integration with Stripe Connect. Companies and individuals are now able connect with 202works Marketplace to receive and manage payments through our platform.

As part of this major deployment several bugs were corrected that some of you may have noticed if you've been using our site regularly.

Added Alert Integration

For some time we've been trying to find a nice solution to let us know when user began interacting with our site. While our vendor Intercom is supposed to support slack alerts for their Leads API, from our testing using our site and Postman, we just haven't seen that happen.

Fortunately, while I was taking a break from working on onboarding over the weekend I found a perfect integration that works well and will alert us when we get an invite. I still want to test it and make sure it does not have any of the gaps that I saw with the out of the box api/slack integration, but so far it looks really good.

This is important because our target audience are very busy people and if they are having trouble signing up or forgetting to go through our process we want to know immediately. We can spend 1000s of hours building in ease of use, but it is priceless to know when someone is stranded without them telling us, among many other use cases.

New Onboarding flow being tested

So for the past 2 weeks we've been working on finalizing a new onboarding flow that will have our experts claiming data and uploading a photo as part of their onboarding. This is a major step forward. We're trying to mimic the onboarding flow of large sites like LinkedIn, down to the fit and finish.

The new flow has been up for about a week on our test server and we've been adding changes to it. I'm hoping to have it on production this week. Because users are so important to us, we are taking every precaution in testing this new flow fully before putting it in production.

Security Updates

This week we were able to resolve some holes in our site security. While this is always a touchy subject to discuss we are proud in our pursuit of an ever more secure service.

Previously it had been possible to access our data through a targeted attack and steal it, but we closed that particular hole this week, and are working on a solution to prevent such vulnerabilities in the future.

No site is invulnerable to attack but it is important to not make it easy.

Templated Password Resets / Changelog!

We're adding a change log so that you can keep up with everything we're doing on the development side. This week we're getting ready to roll out a bunch of updates to the site functionality, but so far we have rolled out templates for password resets.

We're starting a changelog

Big news today, we're starting a public changelog so you're always up to date with all the updates, improvements and fixes that are made in .

Even though we work on all the time, sometimes it may seem that not much is happening. This changelog is here to improve that very important part of the communication between you and us.

You'll always receive an update when we change something in the widget, or if needed all things we've changed is available on our public changelog page.

No published changelogs yet.

Surely 202works will start publishing changelogs very soon.

Check out our other public changelogs: Buffer, Mention, Respond by Buffer, JSFiddle, Olark, Droplr, Piwik Pro, Prott, Ustream, ViralSweep, StartupThreads, Userlike, Unixstickers, Survicate, Envoy, Gmelius, CodeTree